Senior Manager, Loads & Dynamics Engineer
Company: Honda Aircraft Company, LLC
Posted on: March 26, 2020
About the Opportunity:
The Senior Manager for Loads will be responsible for people,
processes, and tools to meet the current and future Aircraft Loads
analysis needs of the Honda Aircraft sustainment and future
development programs. Will be responsible for determination of
flight and ground static and fatigue loads of airframe components,
assemblies and systems, to ensure aircraft design is structurally
sound and meets all regulatory and company requirements related to
structural strength and fatigue.
Your Key Responsibilities:
In this role you will be responsible for guiding the loads analysis
team along with defining and validating aircraft flight and ground
loads through simulation/calculation using established theory and
Who You Are:
- BS degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
required, MS degree or PhD in Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering
- Applicant shall possess a minimum of 10 years' experience in
aircraft external Loads analysis and 6 years leading teams
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency in Unix/Linux, FORTRAN,
C/C , MATLAB, VBA, MSC/NASTRAN, MSC/PATRAN, MSC/FLIGHTLOADS is
required. Python experience and/or proficiency is desirable.
- Travel required 25" or less.
- Knowledge of static maneuvers, static ground, control surface
component loads, component pressure loads development, and ground
support equipment loads, along with experience in dynamic loads,
such as tuned gust, PSD, equipment design accelerations, and
dynamic landing loads per FAR/EASA requirements. Experience with
turbine engine fan blade out, emergency landing loads per FAR/EASA
requirements, as well as flutter and vibratory analysis, is
- Knowledge of, and experience with, FAA FAR 23 and EASA CS 23
Loads regulatory requirements and means of compliance is required,
and experience with FAA FAR 25 and EASA CS 25 Loads regulatory
requirements and means of compliance is desirable.
- Organize, schedule and effectively coordinate work packages /
phases, and lead less experienced team members in loads analysis
- Must be proficient in generating documentation to support
certification efforts related to external loads.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, aeroelastic principles and
concepts, including but not limited to static aeroelastic analysis
including divergence and control reversal, is required.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, dynamic aeroelastic analysis
is desirable. Demonstrated knowledge of FEA and doublet-lattice
aero modeling techniques, particularly in MSC/NASTRAN, is
- Strong knowledge of CFD principles and CFD-based modeling,
along with wind tunnel test data usage for Loads analysis, is
required. Applicant must be able to communicate aerodynamic,
structures and systems discipline input needs to ensure accurate
load set development and conveyance.
- Good fundamental knowledge of mass properties principles as
they relate to loads analysis
- Knowledge and experience with cable-driven / mass-balanced
flight control systems required including limited-authority servo
systems, and knowledge of, and experience with, advanced flight
control architectures including full-authority actuator systems, is
- Strong knowledge of flight test data analysis related to
structural design loads substantiation, as well as a demonstrated
ability or experience with development of computational methods
relating to loads analysis.
Keywords: Honda Aircraft Company, LLC, Greensboro , Senior Manager, Loads & Dynamics Engineer, Executive , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!