Engineer, Electrical Wire Design
Company: Honda Aircraft Company, LLC
Posted on: June 13, 2019
The Electrical Wiring Design Engineer will
perform wiring design and integration tasks associated with the
of the aircraft.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains aircraft systems wiring diagrams,
parts lists, and electrical harness drawings.
- Develops wiring designs for aircraft electrical
- Prepares specifications drawings, process layouts and
- Serves as subject matter expert (technical expert) for
the following areas:
- Electrical Wiring and
- Wiring standards and
'best practice' design
- Wire gauge and type
consideration (shield coverage, over-braid, wire twists/foot,
radius, insulation, sleeves, etc.)
- Connector and backshell
qualification and selection (EMI, high temperature, high
environmentally sealed/hermetic, connector material compatibility,
electrical harness hardware selection (splices, solder sleeves,
blocks, tie wraps, terminal lugs, etc)
- Development of
configuration managed, electrical harness design packages
- Parts lists, bill of
materials, parts and standards callout
- Fabrication techniques
for integrated wiring assemblies
- Cost, weight, and
- Wire Diagram and
harness drawing generation
- Interpretation of
system interface control data to conceptual schematics
- Evolution of conceptual
schematics into aircraft wiring information
- Use of wiring design
tool to generate wiring diagrams and harness drawings
- System integration as
it applies to complex wiring assemblies
- Good overall working
knowledge of aircraft electrical/electronic systems
- Implementation of
wiring and harness level system separation and segregation to avoid
cause failure modes, including electrical signal and power
- Lightning, EMI, and
- Databus and digital
equipment interface considerations
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
- Bachelors' degree in Electrical Engineering or other directly
related technical field from a four year college or
- 5 years of directly related work experience or 10 years of
directly relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent understanding and specification of aircraft
electrical harness components selection, harness design
requirements, harness level system separation, and system
integration at the wiring level required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in ERP systems preferably SAP preferred.
- Proficiency in Catia V5 and Teamcenter preferred.
- Experience with IGE-XAO, Mentor Graphics, or other similar
wiring design tool.
- Experience with electrical harness routing and installation
requirements a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a multi-functional
Keywords: Honda Aircraft Company, LLC, Greensboro , Engineer, Electrical Wire Design, Engineering , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!