Mechanical Design Engineer II
Company: HAECO Americas
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Overview JOB SUMMARY: Development of engineering design data within
budget in accordance with FAA, customer and "HAECO Americas"
standards of quality. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide technical support and guidance to engineering personnel
of various disciplines for engineering programs in which HAECO is
- Research and review engineering data (drawings, reports,
manuals, etc.) defining aircraft structure or systems in support of
- Develop and produce design data required for the proper
manufacture, assembly and installation of aircraft modifications
- Develop preliminary engineering analysis necessary to
substantiate aircraft modifications.
- Check the design data produced by less experienced Design
- Assist with development of less experienced Design Engineers by
acting as a mentor/resource.
- Interface with other HAECO departments to ensure customer &
HAECO requirements are met.
- Interface with the Substantiation group and ODA representatives
to ensure that all designs meet the established FAA regulatory
- Support various design review meetings with customers.
- Provide technical support to HAECO Manufacturing during the
manufacturing and installation phases of HAECO developed
- Provide support during installation of modifications at remote
- Conduct detailed audits and surveys on site at customer
facilities to develop aircraft design concepts and specifications
through the interpretation of preliminary specifications and
- Support other Engineering groups as workload requirements
- Provide input and suggestions for continuous improvement of
various department procedures, controls, flows and systems, and
become familiar with HAECO internal policies and procedures.
- Support, in a professional manner, customers, major
manufacturers, vendors, FAA, or other outside agencies to promote
and support HAECO technical & commercial interests.
- Must be able to work on complex design tasks with limited
assistance. Qualifications MINIMUM:
- BS Degree in Engineering or related scientific field, or
equivalent combination of experience and coursework.
- Three (3) years industry experience in engineering field,
preferably dealing in the design of modifications to transport
- Minimum two (2) years experience utilizing Solidworks (or
comparable CAD program) with demonstrable proficiency.
- Must possess some knowledge of FAA regulations, certification
processes and related requirements.
- Must possess knowledge of standard aircraft components,
materials, fabrication practices, aviation hardware and proper
application in design.
- Must possess knowledge of engineering principles used in stress
analysis, finite element modeling (FEM), 3D-computer modeling, and
other analytical substantiation techniques.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of personal computer systems
with Microsoft Office.
- Must have knowledge of the use and application of aircraft
technical data such as engineering drawings, SRM's, MM's, SB's,
IPC's, WD's, etc.
- Must possess good oral, written, and organizational skills, and
be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- 3D Electrical Harness Routing Experience
Keywords: HAECO Americas, Greensboro , Mechanical Design Engineer II, Engineering , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!