Certification Engineer II - Seating
Company: HAECO Americas
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Overview The Certification Engineer will assist with the
development of HAECO seating product certification; lead and review
certification and test plans, conduct and witness in-house static,
dynamic and flammability testing; maintain certification data
files; and track progress to ensure certification projects maintain
schedule and budget as well as adhere to FAA, Customer, Airbus,
Boeing and Company standards. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Review program statement of work to develop certification
requirement matrix for seating projects supporting FAA and EASA
Technical Standard Orders (TSOs) application and approval.
- Assist with preparation of preliminary cost estimates, budgets,
and implementation schedules.
- Produce and review certification plans, substantiation data,
test plans, test reports and other seat certification data to show
compliance to 14 CFR 25.561, 25.562 and 25.853(a), (c) and (d) and
applicable industry specifications
- Assist with the definition, buildup of test articles and
coupons, review and address conformity issues and assist with
witnessing and testing.
- Review project certification data for completeness and
compliance to application regulatory requirements.
- Assist with obtaining acceptance and approval of design and
certification data with aircraft OEMs and FAA.
- Coordinate with outside testing facilities when used
- Participate in technical coordination and design review
meetings with customers, aircraft OEM and other stakeholders.
- Expand knowledge and expertise on latest regulatory (FAA, EASA)
and OEM requirements, Special Conditions, Policy Memo , Advisory
Circular and applicable regulatory and guidance
- Coordinate with Program Management, Engineering, Product
Development, Testing organizations as part of a cross-functional
- Coordinate effectively with management, other departments,
HAECO corporate and co-workers to implement and monitor strategic
company and departmental initiatives.
- Support new product development activities and advise on
certification risks for new seat designs and use of new materials
- Support and enforce Company policies and procedure
- Provides leadership to a small group of engineers and
technicians Qualifications MINIMUM:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering Aerospace
Engineering or other, similar technical degree from a four-year
college or university and at least two years related experience
and/or training; or a Master's degree and at least one year of
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Must be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of seat
certification (including knowledge of structures, structural
substantiation techniques, crash dynamics, flammability, aerospace
materials, processes & hardware, and the TSO process).
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to learn and apply the
scientific method to certification.
- Must be able to create, check, interpret and analyze technical
- Proficiency with CAD programs (specifically AutoCad and
Solidworks), finite element analysis (FEA) and/or classic stress
analysis is preferred
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Must be a self starter, highly motivated, able to learn
quickly, and work under pressure with a minimum level of
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills,
and be able to read, write, and understand the English
- Must be detail oriented and have good organization, time
management and leadership skills, and be able to work effectively
in team environments and lead teams.
- Must have ability to adapt to changing priorities and
demonstrate accountability of assigned projects and tasks.
- Ability to work proficiently in Microsoft Office Suite
applications and project or engineering-related programs.
Keywords: HAECO Americas, Greensboro , Certification Engineer II - Seating, Engineering , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!