Maintenance Mechanic - Greensboro - AUS
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Overview:About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world?s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. ?Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities.? Aramark is recognized as one of the World?s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:Performs work as part of a team in an industrial laundry facility. Responsible for the safe, expeditious, and accurate performance of routine in reference to a daily preventative maintenance schedule in and around the laundry facility.? ?Essential duties and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Maintains all plant equipment to include high volume industrial washers and or dryers. Repairs, replaces equipment when necessary
- Performs basic plumbing, mechanical, and electrical work. Ability to trouble-shoot and solve technical issues by following technical manuals and schematics
- Orders necessary parts, tools, and equipment in a timely manner by following company procurement policy
- Maintains a proper Daily Schedule Control for equipment maintenance and preventative maintenance schedule and record
- Conducts daily removal and processing of waste solids generated from treatment process
- Performs equipment troubleshooting, makes necessary repairs, and completes preventative maintenance and housekeeping practices for all related wastewater hardware
- Maintains safe and clean work environment, and observes best practices in all production activities
- Uses safety precautions, follows electrical lock-out tag-out procedures for equipment, and adheres to all safe work practices and policies for all safety, boiler, and wastewater treatment procedures
- Other duties as required or assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years? maintenance experience
- Demonstrated mechanical and basic electrical aptitude
- Familiar with standard maintenance procedures, preventative maintenance schedules, and proper safety techniques
- Basic knowledge of industrial laundry equipment and required codes
- Ability to comprehend and perform all required training, written, and verbal instructions
- Good verbal and/or written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to meet attendance scheduleWorking ConditionsWork is performed in a high volume production warehouse setting and regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme heat and cold conditions as well as dust and noise.? Work is based on a shift schedule, and may include weekends. Overtime required as needed.Physical RequirementsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires the ability to routinely move, lift, carry, push, or pull items weighing up to 25 lbs, and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Requires bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, twisting, and lifting.
- Requires the use of hands for grasping and other manipulations.
- Requires standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work from elevated heights using ladders, mezzanines, and aerial lifts.Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer ? Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: ARAMARK, Greensboro , Maintenance Mechanic - Greensboro - AUS, Engineering , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!