Network Engineer (Relo to Greensboro, NC Required)
Company: APEX Analytix
Posted on: January 14, 2019
A snapshot of what you would do:APEX Analytix is looking for the right individual to join our Systems Support team in the role of Network Engineer. The individual will be based out of the APEX Headquarters in Greensboro, NC. The Network Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical discussions& support to enable smooth infrastructure, ensuring that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, storage, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, users, and clients.
- Handle all layer 2, layer 3 and layer 4 change requests.
- Work on routing/switching/firewall changes/F5 Load balancer
- Monitor, diagnose, and resolve complex network and computer system issues including network switch connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot performance issues with networks, and applications such as DNS, FTP, and Web.
- Install, configure, and maintain switches, servers, firewalls.
- Troubleshoot network systems to identify and fix performance issues.
- Provide solutions to complex problems on the integration of various technologies.
- Get on troubleshooting calls at short notice and work with operations and OEMs to resolve.
- Design plans as well as lead initiatives for the optimization and restructuring of network architecture.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of network administration and firmware integration.
- Monitor the environmental conditions of a data center to ensure they are optimum for servers, routers, and other devices. Required Skills:
- Proficient with dynamic routing protocols like BGP/OSPF/EIGRP along with strong understanding of static routing.
- Strong skill set on managing and provisioning F5 load balancers.
- Strong hold on Cisco ASA and Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Firewall with complete understanding of FMC.
- Strong understanding of switching on Nexus platform along with Cisco FIs and UCS environment.
- Strong understanding of Meraki Wifi access points along with Z/MX devices for DMVPN.
- Strong inclination towards monitoring with proficiency on SolarWinds.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Adept at conducting tests to identify faults in server hardware and network systems.
- Able to work with data teams across to rack/stack/provision and configure to run smooth operations.
- Able to effectively complete job tasks within set time constraints.Required Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or equivalent practical experience.
- Cisco Certified- CCNA/CCNP
- Racking/Stacking experience with network/server/UCS/san switches/blade servers - 2yrs
- Routing& Switching/IPS/IDS/ASA/FTD firewalls - 5 years
- Participation in at least 2 successful DR implementations and testingAbout Us:APEX Analytix is a cloud based software and services company that works with over 200 of the Global Fortune 1000 to recover lost profits, protect against procurement fraud, and manage the process of supplier onboarding, compliance, and payment profit optimization. We receive from our clients annually roughly 9 million Supplier records and $4.6 trillion in invoices and payments. We work with clients like the world's largest retailer, electronics company, entertainment company, financial institutions, pharmaceutical manufacturers, automotive manufacturers, services companies, and many others, with shared services locations in the US, UK, and Hong Kong.Delivering our solutions to the world's largest companies has enabled us to develop what the world's largest and most respected IT industry analyst describes as possibly the ONLY trusted source for accurate and high value supplier information. We are making this APEX data available to the world (solution software developers, enterprises, and other entities) through the launch of an on-demand API business model. Initially targeting Global Fortune 1000 companies, our API service to this validated and enhanced"SmartVM" data source is supplemented with over 400 real-time data sources through direct integration, subscription and robotics. In turn - our clients will have the trusted data they need to ensure compliance, manage risk, improve B2B transaction processing, enable strategic initiatives, predict outcomes and prescribe action. If you want to be a key contributor, creating and building the world's only trusted API based Supplier Data Brokerage solution---.never seen before in the industry---. this opportunity is for you!APEX Culture:Our culture drives everything! We live our culture of performance, respect, candor and fun-in that order. Performance is measured by delivering value to our clients, generating goodwill, trust and partnership. Sincere respect for each other, our diverse backgrounds and our well-being are our cornerstones. We value open and honest relationships with each other, our clients and our communities. And, life is too short to not have fun! We look for team players who possess the qualities of being humble, hungry, and smart. We recruit candidates who will strive for accountability in performance and career growth, serving fortune 1000 clients in long-term respectful relationships, and working in a diverse and caring environment.Perks:We owe our growing success to our team of bright, passionate, and innovative individuals. We truly value our associates and strive to provide the highest quality benefits program offering competitive compensation packages with tailored bonus plans and generous benefits. Our benefits include: health plans (medical, dental, optical, life insurance, disability insurance, FSA, HSA employee assistance program, supplemental insurance options and pre-paid legal), generous paid time off plan, 401k plan, flexible work schedules, wellness programs (company fitness and weight loss challenges, financial wellness software tool, and gym membership stipend), associate and customer referral bonus programs, and paid community hours. And here at APEX, you won't get lost in the shuffle. Our focus on internal training, growth and development, results in over a quarter of our open positions, filled with internal promotions annually! With resources such as a strong Mentor Program, Internal Training Portal, Education, Tuition, and Certification Assistance, we provide the tools for our associates to grow and develop. If you are looking for a place to shine, come join the team!
Keywords: APEX Analytix, Greensboro , Network Engineer (Relo to Greensboro, NC Required), Engineering , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!