Advanced Research Engineer - Entry Level
Company: Honda Aircraft Company
Posted on: May 24, 2023
The Advanced Research Engineer supports the research, design, analysis, development, integration, and certification of Advanced Systems.
*Duties and Responsibilities:*
1. Research and development of Advanced Technologies with special focus on advanced control systems.
2. Development, modification and validation of aircraft simulation models in support of advanced R&D.
3. Systems design, analysis and simulations.
4. Designs and develops Advanced Systems including: architecture development, system requirements development, system integration, system safety, system qualification, system integration testing (hardware-in-the-loop) and system issue resolution.
5. Defines and improves advanced Simulation and Systems Engineering Processes (SEP) associated with systems development.
6. Supports Systems integration and verification testing requirements and supports laboratory and flight testing as required.
7. Resolves problems from the development and certification activities.
8. Writes system development and certifications documents (plans, reports) as required.
9. Communicates with the systems suppliers on technical issues as required.
*Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:*
1. Bachelors' degree in Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other related field required.
2. Previous experience including internships and co-ops in the area of flight critical systems, including requirements development, design, integration, and testing would be beneficial.
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*
1. Strong analytical skills with understanding of control system principles. Understanding of flight dynamics would be beneficial.
2. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
3. Working knowledge with Mathworks MATLAB/Simulink -.
4. Ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of an organization.
5. Ability to work independently and within a team oriented environment.
1. Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
2. Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, climb ladders, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
3. Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
4. Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
5. Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
6. Effectively communicate in Business English language.
7. Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
8. Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided "reach assistance technology" or "movement assist technology" (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly's, robotics reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This document does not constitute a contract between the incumbent and Honda Aircraft Company. (FLSA: ) 01/07/13
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Will you now or in the future require sponsorship?
* Bachelor's (Required)
Work Location: In person
Keywords: Honda Aircraft Company, Greensboro , Advanced Research Engineer - Entry Level, Engineering , Greensboro, North Carolina
here to apply!