Senior Scientist 2 - Engineering Research and Development (ERD)
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Company Information You Matter to Cambrex. Cambrex is a leading
global contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO)
that provides drug substance, drug product, and analytical services
across the entire drug lifecycle. With more than 40 years of
experience and a growing team of over 2,400 professionals servicing
global clients, Cambrex is a trusted partner in branded and generic
markets for API and dosage form development and manufacturing. Your
Work Matters. At Cambrex, we strive to build a culture where all
colleagues have the opportunity to:
- engage in work that matters to our customers and the patients
- learn new skills and enjoy new experiences in an engaging and
- strengthen connections with coworkers and the community We're
committed to attracting and nurturing a passionate team of valued
professionals in our fast-paced and growing company. We offer a
competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision,
Life, LTD, retirement savings and more! Your Future Matters. Known
for our customer-focused scientific and manufacturing excellence,
as well as our strong commitment to quality and safety, we offer a
range of career and growth opportunities across our global network
of locations. Together with our customers, we aim to improve the
quality of life for patients around the world. Start a career where
You Matter by applying today! Job Overview Our Research &
Development Chemical Engineer role is directed toward optimization
of existing chemical routes and development of novel alternate
chemistries/processes toward key synthetic intermediates and APIs.
Provides CHP site engineering support, including the design,
construction, and maintenance of equipment that replicates
laboratory chemical process on pilot and commercial scales.
Experimental skills related to chemical process development and
kilo - scale synthesis of organic compounds of medicinal
importance, including chemical synthesis and product
isolation/purification. Utilizes analytical tools to assess product
quality and process performance. Serve as an expert chemical
engineering and pharmaceutical science resource to the chemical
development group, the Cambrex High Point site, and to the larger
Cambrex organization. Communication with clients in regular team
meetings; prepares R&D and campaign reports at the conclusion
of projects. Responsibilities
- Design and carry out multistep organic processes.
- Application of key principles of chemical engineering to work
within a matrix-based chemical development team to construct
systems and design chemical processes that will efficiently support
on-scale safe production of promising pharmaceutical
- Knowledge and experience in technologies such as continuous
processing and flow chemistry is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with cGMP manufacturing processes is
- Knowledge of and experience with in-situ reaction monitoring
technology is preferred.
- Knowledge of final form screening/polymorph
screening/crystallization studies is preferred.
- Knowledge of process controls and associated programming is
- Possess a working knowledge of analytical and spectroscopic
techniques, including the ability to interpret the corresponding
- Demonstrate a proficiency in laboratory and pilot-scale
synthesis and purification techniques, including the implementation
of process modifications.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain lab equipment including
pumps and instrumentation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and complete projects
- Ability to organize work efficiently and manage time
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and contribute to
drafting of batch records and protocols.
- Collaboration with process development chemists and analytical
chemists to coordinate project activities as well as to develop
safer and more robust processes for laboratory and plant
- Maintain current knowledge of state-of-the-art techniques for
improving engineering principles related to organic chemistry,
analytical chemistry, process development techniques and cGMP
regulations. Knowledge of root cause/batch failure analysis.
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Maintain
familiarity with the company's chemical hygiene plan. Exhibit
safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Follow responsible actions regarding chemical disposal.
Maintain compliance with all regulation at the federal, state and
- Address routine administrative requirements in a timely
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Actively promote the results of ongoing projects within the
group and to external clients.
- Work closely with manufacturing and GMP operations to
coordinate project related equipment and activities.
- Maintain a clean and safe lab work area.
- Desirable Experience/Skills:
- Strong skills and knowledge in organic chemistry, especially as
applicable to process chemistry and chemical engineering
principles. Excellent verbal and written
communication/interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills,
organizational skills, and the ability to work in a diverse team
environment are essential. Proficiency with Microsoft software
(Word / EXCEL / PowerPoint) is expected. Experience with
engineering software and process modeling. Education, Experience &
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Chemical Engineering or related field with lab
environment, pharmaceutical experience preferred.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering or related field with 3 years'
experience in lab environment, pharmaceutical experience
preferred.Excellent verbal and written communication/interpersonal
skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work in a diverse
team environment are essential. Cambrex is an Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Cambrex, Greensboro , Senior Scientist 2 - Engineering Research and Development (ERD), Engineering , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...