PCB Layout Engineer (31161)
Company: Analog Devices, Inc.
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures
semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to
interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the
physical and digital worlds with unmatched technologies that sense,
measure and connect.
Analog Devices is looking for a PCB Layout Designer to optimize the
design of PCBs with respect to layout, electrical and mechanical
constraints, manufacturability, and relative costs of various
alternatives to join our Aerospace & Defense and RF Products team,
based in Raleigh (RTP), North Carolina. This position can be fully
remote, with time at work as-needed/required. Responsibility will
be in PCB development of our High Speed Converters, Amplifiers and
RF products for various markets.
Context on the role:
As a PCB Designer, you will perform a full range of product
development activities including, Customer Evaluation Boards , ATE
Final Test Board Designs, Characterization Board Designs,
Reliability Board Designs, and Application Board Designs.
Additionally, applicant must keep track of components / necessary
materials, assembly orders, and communication with PCB vendors.
* Design/Layout of Printed Circuit boards to IPC standards and best
* Preparing required schematic designs, BOMs, necessary
documentations, routing multilayer PCBs. Work alongside engineers
throughout every step of the design process from prototypes through
* Creating full PCB fabrication packages for approved PCB
* Preparing the PCB and Package designs in ADI Product release
* Collaborate with PCB suppliers to improve design rules,
constraints, testability, and manufacturability.
* Independently determine general approach and provide reliable
solutions to technical problems including work through complex
issues as they appear on layouts.
* Minimum 2 year Vocational School of Technical Sciences of related
* At least 2 years of experience of using industry known PCB Design
Software (Cadence Allegro, Orcad PCB Editor, Altium
Designer/Protel, PADS, P-CAD, etc.).
* Experience with reading and creating schematics, placement for
low parasitic circuitry, inductance, and RF PCB layout
* Familiarity with high frequency RF circuit board design and
clearance requirements, with frequency up to 67GHz.
* Knowledge for CAD/CAM/CAE softwares like AutoCAD, DraftSight,
Solid Works, Gerber Editors etc and adaptability to these type of
softwares is a plus.
* A good understanding of the PCB layout process and IPC
* Familiarity with PCB fabrication, design for manufacturing and
assembly techniques (DFM/DFA) for high volume designs. Having your
own PCB designs fabricated in industry is a plus.
* Motivated, results oriented and organized PCB Designer with good
writing, presentation and overall communication skills
* Willingness and ability to learn something new quickly
* Has a bias for action and works in collaboration with others to
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices,
Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S.
Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the
U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls.
As such, applicants for this position - except US Citizens, US
Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8
U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) - may have to go through an export licensing
Analog Devices is an equal opportunity employer. We foster a
culture where everyone has an opportunity to succeed regardless of
their race, color, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, social
or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status,
disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or
veteran status, union membership, and political affiliation, or any
other legally protected group.
EEO is the Law: Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law
Education Level: None
Travel Required: No
Keywords: Analog Devices, Inc., Greensboro , PCB Layout Engineer (31161), Engineering , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!