Company: Global Technology Associates
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job ID : 1122063
Location : Liberty, NC 27298
Pay Rate : Open
Additional Benefits : Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), company paid
holidays and more!
Type of hire : Contract
Travel : 20%
Position Responsibilities :
- Support upcoming Production Engineering Powertrain Battery PE
projects through interpretation, revision, and creation of 2D / 3D
CAD data for plant, process layouts and operation
- The 2D / 3D CAD technician will be part of the engineering
team, providing process engineers and technicians with expertise in
manipulating 2D / 3D CAD data.
- Working directly with production engineers, internal
construction liaisons and managers to create Bid Pack level
drawings for major installation, demolition and retools in our
Position Requirements :
- Previous work experience in automotive, chemical plant and
processing plant manufacturing construction for production
- Must possess skills and the ability to perform field
verification of existing equipment, structures for purpose of
measurements, tie-in points and location confirmation for
- Post-Secondary Education, Training, or Certification in
technical drawing, CAD, or related field.
- Mechanical CAD designer must be proficient with Autodesk
AutoCAD 2020 (2D) or newer
- (5 Year minimum)
- Good knowledge of basic drafting fundamental to create / edit
- Must be able to create / edit / develop machining and assembly
line layout drawings from concept to final version.
- Must be able to create and maintain up to date plant facility
drawings and plot plans.
- Develop and prepare manufacturing facility project drawing bid
packages for all construction trades that include electrical,
mechanical, piping and iron disciplines.
- Basic knowledge pf OSHA, NEC, ISO regulations / codes
- Ability to interpret prints and drawings and relate that
information 2D CAD data
- Proficient om Creo V4, preferably V7
- CATIA and Inventor 10 or Newer
- Ability to design / create basic part models for
- Design / Check jigs, pallets for product production end
equipment clearance checks
- Ability to work weekends during peak project times, however the
weekend work would be on a rotation basics.
- Ability to work 30 hours of overtime as needed.
Position Preferences :
- 5 years of industry experience
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5-2018 standards
- Knowledge of corresponding ISO standards (1101, 5459,
- Knowledge of CAD Best practices
- Knowledge of other CAD products and Suites
- Automotive industry experience
GTA Questions :
- Please describe your experience as it relates to this job
description and position requirements?
- What is the highest level of education you have
- Are you currently working? If yes, why are you currently
looking to make a move?
- Based on the job description, what is your desired compensation
for this role? Please do not put negotiable.
- When would you be available to interview and start this
position, if selected?
- If you currently do not live near the job location and the
commute is too far for you, are you willing and able to relocate at
your own expense?
- Are you able to work in the U.S. without need for a Visa, other
than a TN Visa for Canadian citizens?
- For submittal purposes, please provide the day and month in
which you were born (We do not need the year).
- For submittal purposes, please provide the last 4 digits of
- Are you able to travel up to 20%?
Please note that if you are a current GTA employee or have been
placed by GTA at one of our clients, we will not be able to
entertain moving you. However, we are hopeful that you may know
someone else who is qualified and as such you would still be
eligible for our generous referral bonus program detailed
REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM:
If you are able to refer a person we do hire, we can offer up to
$250 for contractors after they are on the job for 90 days and up
to $500 for direct hires after they are on the job between 90 days
to 180 days, depending on customer payment terms.
Keywords: Global Technology Associates, Greensboro , AutoCAD Design, Engineering , Liberty, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!