Plastics Project Engineer
Company: Midland Recruiters
Posted on: August 7, 2022
FUNCTION Well established and growing company with multiple
manufacturing locations has an excellent opportunity available for
a Plastics Project Engineer. This position offers a very
competitive base salary, bonus potential and comprehensive
benefits. The Project Engineer is responsible for managing meeting
budget and schedule for company projects. This includes new product
launches from business award to production hand-off, large
continuous improvement efforts such as a Six Sigma Project, and
large engineering changes. This position works with all departments
and the customer in order to properly scope the project, resource
the project, and drive all activities to ensure milestones and
deadlines are realized. Key Metrics include: project on time
completion, project budget adherence, customer satisfaction, and
project team satisfaction surveys. This position reports to the
Engineering Manager. Responsibilities:
- Manage large projects within a stage gate project management
structure; Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Working knowledge with injection molding process project
management. Good understanding of injection molding requirements
- Experience in automated assembly processes.
- Working knowledge of project launch tools such as design
review, validation master plan, pFMEA, control plan, DOEs,
qualification protocols and work instructions.
- Knowledge of basic statistical techniques.
- Technical understanding for manufacturing processes and
- Identify project risks that will jeopardize the project
schedule or budget.
- Build strong relationships with customers/teammates/suppliers.
This is critical for assessing risk and in collaborative follow
through on action items.
- Direct customer contact for customer counterparts overseeing
the project activity.
- Mentor and train teammates on strong project management skills
- Capable for leading a Kaizen event. Good understanding for
Value Stream Maps and production workflows.
- Maintain organized and detailed project files that allow easy
reference for future engineers.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. - Experience in
customer relationship management. - Bachelor's degree in
Engineering required. - Three plus years' experience in
manufacturing; injection molding experience preferred. - Creative
thinker. - Capable of working on multiple projects at once. - Team
builder capable of removing communication barriers between team
members. - Strong business ethics that prevent bending project
requirements in order to meet a deadline. - Experience with
polyolefins, thermoplastics, polymers, polyethylene, polypropylene,
HDPE, LDPE, LLDPE or LLDPE would be a plus.
Keywords: Midland Recruiters, Greensboro , Plastics Project Engineer, Engineering , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!