Mechanical Design Engineer
Company: Parker and Lynch
Posted on: January 13, 2022
The Product Design Engineer is an important part of the
Engineering organization and reports directly to the Design
Engineering Manager. This position will be responsible for
developing new fluid control products utilizing the latest
technologies. As part of cross functional teams, you will lead the
product design portions of new product development (NPD) stage gate
process from initial concepts to product launch. This entails
conferring with external customers to define their requirements
while working with internal customers to create innovative designs
that are cost effective, efficiently manufacturable and exceed the
end user's expectations. To this goal, the candidate should have
design experience (preferably product development in the fluid
control market) with focus on customer's needs and emphasis on
working in a team environment.
- Work with the Program Manager, Product Management,
Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing and other project team members
to guide new product development efforts through the NPD stage gate
- Participate in Voice of Customer (VOC) efforts to gain a full
understanding of the customer's requirements (this will involve
- Perform and/or verify engineering testing/calculations of
stress and flow for product performance and safety margins.
- Generate design changes to reduce costs, improve
manufacturability and tailor existing designs to meet customer
- Review customer's request for quote (RFQ) and specifications to
develop preliminary design concepts.
- Prepare and release new and revised drawings using product
lifecycle management software.
- Direct building of prototypes and subsequent testing to
validate new designs.
- Coordinate and direct the required design, drafting or
technical activities for assigned projects.
- Assist Sustaining Engineers as needed to resolve Quality
- Participate in design reviews and peer checking exercises
- Ensure design changes are in accordance with approval agency
requirements (i.e. - UL, CRN, CE, etc.) and design standards (ASME,
MSS, ASTM, etc.)
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the design of mechanical
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of the
- Strong computer skills - Strong aptitude with Microsoft Office
- Achieve results utilizing key performance metrics and
continuous improvement tools.
- 3D modeling experience preferably with Autodesk
- FEA and CFD in the design process experience.
- Oil and gas industry experience.
- Knowledgeable with stage gate development process.
- Design review techniques such as DFMEA.
- Six Sigma or Lean experience
Keywords: Parker and Lynch, Greensboro , Mechanical Design Engineer, Engineering , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!