Industrial Engineer (Aerospace)
Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Posted on: January 13, 2022
PDS Tech is recruiting for an Industrial Engineer to work in
Greensboro, NC.The Industrial Engineer position provides technical
support for the Production Engineering Group working in areas such
as manufacturing, design, development, and testing. Duties and
- Leading process optimization efforts to address specific
business requirements and to eliminate waste from the assembly
- Supporting Production Engineering projects and initiatives with
a focus on reducing costs, improving quality, and improving
- Implementing productivity improvements.
- Working with cross functional teams to develop best practice
- Utilizing a wide range of Industrial Engineering, Lean, and Six
Sigma tools and techniques to make process improvements.
- Implementing mistake-proofing controls to maintain or improve
- Conducting root cause analyses to address specific process or
- Working with Production Engineering teams to identify potential
projects, assess feasibility, and implement solutions.
- Performing Time Studies to understand processes and performance
- Documenting processes using process mapping and value stream
- Utilizing Lean and Six Sigma tools to lead and execute process
- Designing facility layout alternatives. Knowledge, Skills and
- Strong analytical and innovative skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawing and/or
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes).
- Knowledgeable of various manufacturing principles, engineering
practices, mathematics, materials, and physical sciences to review
detailed designs and drawings. Physical Requirements:
- Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational
noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel
- Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend,
move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no
restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all
regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal
- Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by
- Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety
instructions with no restrictions.
- Effectively communicate in Business English language.
- Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout
the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
- Pull, push, carry, lift or move
materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs or more
during the work shift, with the use of Company provided "reach
assistance technology" or "movement assist technology" (fork-lifts,
pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly's, robotics reach equipment, people
movers etc.), as required by job duties. - -PDS Tech, Inc. is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, or other legally protected status. Founded in 1977,
PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing
firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., Greensboro , Industrial Engineer (Aerospace), Engineering , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!