Company: Michael Page
Posted on: January 13, 2022
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.SummaryAs a Manufacturing Engineer, you
will be hands on and will spend the majority of their time on the
factory floor and must have significant machining experience.
Engineers will be responsible for developing, maintaining and
improving manufacturing and assembly processes, equipment and
tooling and sequence and flow of operations for the production of
components and products or working with other Engineers and
personnel to achieve these goals.Client DetailsOur Client is a
leading manufacturer of rugged, reliable firearms for the
commercial sporting market with over 50 years of history.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly
complex projects and assignments using critical/Socratic thinking
- Knowledge of quality systems and gauging methods.
- Experience with component machining and assembly processes
including CNC machining centers, precision grinding processes,
managing and controlling extremely tight tolerances, CAD (Solid
works), CAM (MasterCAM), Metrology (CMM, in-line gaging, surface
plate, air gaging, etc.), and GD&T application.
- Ability to educate associates in the classroom and on the shop
- Strong technical knowledge and proven abilities in process
- Driver to implement lean manufacturing principles and changes.
Demonstrate excellent levels of analytical ability.
- Team player who knows how to lead, follow and sometimes just
- Develop manufacturing process designs and coordinate with
tooling and equipment sources for construction & validation.
- Drive standardization throughout the plant by use of core
competency teams, benchmarking, process standards and equipment
- Utilize GD&T to assure fundamental work holding, processing
and that gage control will meet design intent.
- Hands on technical knowledge of metal forming, machine design
and machine fabrication is a plus.
- Understanding of CNC programming, G-Code and M-Code, machine
tool setup and integration, tooling, macro-programming, fixture and
- Must be able to apply much of the above independently, without
guidance on a daily basis.Responsibilities:
- Manufacturing and assembly process definition
- Sequence of operations
- Human factors consideration
- Efficient material flow
- Design, construction, integration, plant installation,
successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment, tooling
and gaging required in plants for the production of high quality
gun component parts
- Providing technical direction to and oversight of outside
- Work may involve development and testing of advanced process
technology including metal cutting and fixture designProfileTo
perform this job successfully, an individual must be of high
integrity and maintain confidentiality at all times. Other
requirements and considerations include:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering or
Engineering Technology preferred
- 2 - 10+ years practical manufacturing experience
- CAD/CAM experience
- strong knowledge of setting up and operating CNC equipment
strong knowledge of trouble shooting manufacturing processes
- strong knowledge of fixture & gauge design use; knowledge of
- knowledge of capability studies and gauge R&R
- strong communication proficiency, organizational, presentation
and problem solving/analysisJob Offer
- Competitive compensation package including competitive salary,
profit share and bonus (bonus and profit share based on company
- Heath benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Life and Retirement benefits including 401k match,
discretionary supplemental 401k
- Contribution, basic and supplemental life options, as well as
short- and long-term disability plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Keywords: Michael Page, Greensboro , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Stoneville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!