Accessioner/Data Entry Representative
Company: Sonic Healthcare USA
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position
Job Title: Accessioner
Reports To: Accessioning Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Timely and accurately enters data into information systems from
various source documents for processing, data management, and
Essential Key Responsibilities:
* Prepares and sorts patient requisitions, and identifies and
interprets data to be entered into the information system.
* Researches available websites for missing patient insurance
information and contacts referring physicians' office for missing
patient demographics or insurance information.
* Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from patient
requisitions, face sheets, or photocopy of patients' insurance
card, into the information system following the format displayed on
the screen. May enter:
* client information (group name, referring physician, copy to
physician, address, and phone and fax number)
* patient's demographics (patient name, address, phone number, date
of birth, social security number, gender, medical record number,
and electronic medical record number)
* clinical history (past/present medical conditions, specifics of
medical diagnosis or tests, treatment plans, family history, type
of service, services received, dates of service, and provider of
* specimen gross description (size, shape, type of specimen, and
* billing type (client, patient, insurance, and/or no charge)
* patient insurance information (insurance code, carrier name,
policy number, group number, and address of insurance carrier)
* Reviews data entered with source documents and/or error reports
and enters necessary corrections into the information system.
* Routes patient requisitions after entry.
* Maintains strictest confidentiality.
* Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as
well as company and departmental rules, polices, and procedural
* Adherence to CAP, CLIA, State Regulations, HIPAA, Safety and OSHA
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of six (6) months data entry experience.
* Successful completion of a pre-employment computerized data entry
test and basic skills test.
* Successful completion of an Online Medical Terminology Program
upon commencement of employment.
* Computers, computer programs, information system(s),
photocopiers, scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and
* Knowledge of clerical procedures.
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
* Knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
* Skill in using computer programs and applications.
* Skill in typing 45 WPM.
* Ability to listen, read, understand, and follow oral, and written
* Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
* Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with
employees, physicians, vendors, clients, and external agencies.
* The newly hired employees will be trained for LIS for their
respective duties by the department supervisors according to the
instructions provided in the LIS manual. The employees will be
required to sign the procedure manual to acknowledge that the
training was provided.
Environmental Working Conditions:
* Office Setting, with some minimal time in a Laboratory Setting;
minor risk of exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances,
blood borne pathogens and chemical hazards.
* Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use
hands to finger; handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach
with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required
by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability
HIPAA/PHI Security Level: HIGH (Low, Medium, or High)
Indicate the security access level of Protected Health Information
(PHI) as necessary to perform essential key responsibilities of the
position (access, utilize, disclose, store, and/ or dispose of
Low -information access is of general nature representing summary
type data rather than specific identifiable demographic or
sensitive data. Medium - information access is specific to an
individual's demographics and service information (type of service,
services received, dates of service, and provider of service). High
- information access is detailed and sensitive to an individual's
demographics, service information, and personal medical history
(past/present medical conditions, specifics of medical diagnosis or
tests, treatment plans, and family history).
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of
education, knowledge, skills and/or experience necessary to
proficiently perform the job. This job description is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
requirements. Employees will be required to perform any other
job-related duties assigned by their supervisor, subject to
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Greensboro Pathology LLC
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Sonic Healthcare USA, Greensboro , Accessioner/Data Entry Representative, Administration, Clerical , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!