Project Administrative Assistant
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Since 1939, WEAVERCOOKE has built a strong reputation throughout
the Carolinas and Southeast region, providing construction services
to clients almost exclusively through negotiated work. We hire
great people, give them exceptional training, and provide them with
the opportunities and the responsibilities that allow them to learn
and develop professionally. WEAVERCOOKE values and recognizes our
employees as essential to our lasting success. We invest greatly in
the personal and professional well-being of our people. Together,
we have created an excellent place to work; when people join
WEAVERCOOKE, they tend to stay. We provide a supportive, positive,
and enjoyable work environment that encourages outstanding
performance. We also believe that happy, healthy employees lead to
a highly productive company.
Position TitleProject Administrative Assistant
General DescriptionThe Project Administrative Assistant provides
administrative support to the project team consisting of
Estimators, Project Executives, Project Managers, Accounting and
Field personnel. The project team support includes the
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with project bid solicitation to trade contractors and
- Assist with the trade contractor pre-qualification
- Coordinate submission of project client (owner) required
documents including bonds, insurance certificates and evidences,
correspondence, general contractor resumes, certifications and
other documents between the client, their lenders and attorneys,
the bonding company and insurance agents.
- Prepare client prime contracts on AIA, HUD, RD or other forms
and documents required for the project.
- Prepare and track client prime contract change orders within
the project management and accounting software.
- Assist with set up of trade contractors and vendors in the
accounting software and project management software.
- Coordinate creation of project specific trade contract
documents and purchase order documents.
- Prepare and distribute trade contracts, purchase orders and
related change orders within the project management and accounting
- Receive, track and maintain current Certificates of Insurances
throughout the project and warranty period.
- Assist with obtaining and tracking safety manuals and other
required trade contractor documents.
- Maintain project files and documents in shared databases.
- Project Startup - Coordinate completion of project check list,
set up projects in the project management software, prepare and
organize project documents and forms required to comply with local,
state and federal government authorities, and schedule project
- Project Closeout - Coordinate completion of project check list
for project closeout and document retention, creation and
submission of general contractor and trade contractor warranty
letters and documents, and submission of operations and maintenance
documents to the project client, and schedule project closout
- Distribute and track warranty work requests received from
clients and property managers to the applicable project team
members and trade contractors and maintain record of requests
utilizing the project management software.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail, plans and specifications,
samples, submittals, shop drawings and other project related
material or correspondence.
- Develop and maintain good trade contractor and supplier
relationships through email, on the telephone and in person.
- Assist with planning, scheduling and presentation of meetings,
training sessions and events.
- Assist with database maintenance of trade contractors and
- Assist with answering the receptionist telephone and covering
front desk duties.
Minimum Skills or Experience Requirements
- Four plus years of experience in an Administrative role.
- Ability to work independently and work well with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point,
- Knowledge of accounting and construction project management
software is a plus.
- Must work well in a multitask environment prioritizing own work
and assisting the team.
- Good attention to detail and basic math skills.
- General office experience and etiquette.
- Bi-lingual is a plus. Company Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including FSA, HSA, wellness incentives,
We promote a drug-free workplace.
WEAVERCOOKE is an equal opportunity employer and afford equal
opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or
Keywords: WEAVERCOOKE, Greensboro , Project Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!