Financial & Strategic Storyteller - Manager
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Location: Remote / Virtual (United States)
Do you have an ability to translate company performance metrics and
financial data into clear, concise, and engaging executive level
narratives? Do you also have a knack for data visualization and
visual storytelling? We are currently seeking a Manager to join
Deloitte's US Office of the Chief Operating Officer (OCOO) team to
drive the Compass process-development of a quarterly "management
discussion and analysis" publication to the Deloitte US firm's
leadership audience (inclusive of 6K+ partners, principals, and
managing directors). The Compass covers a broad range of topics,
including the US firms' financial and operational performance, firm
strategy, key strategic investments, and growth areas.
Work you'll do
As the Financial & Strategic Storytelling Manager, you will report
to a Senior Manager in the Office of the COO and will lead a small
team, collaborating with senior leaders in Finance and across the
firm. You will engage with leaders across the US firms to
understand, develop, and deliver a narrative for strategic topics
and financial insights.
- Execute the quarterly Compass process, managing a small team,
and driving to deliverables and managing reviews on a timeline,
including: Planning of topics, sourcing of content, drafting
content, managing leadership review cycles, and executing
- Contribute to annual/quarterly strategic topic development,
planning, and reviews by the US COO, CFO, and other C-suite
- Collaborate with diverse teams across Finance and other areas
of the firm and to source and shape each narrative to be included
in each Compass issue. About 50% of the content generally follows a
recurring theme and covers the US firms' financial and operational
performance, and another 50% of the content relates to top-of-mind
strategic topics that vary each quarter.
- Drive narrative creation in an impactful and visually engaging
way. Collaborate with subject matter owners/experts (and help them
draft stories as needed), and a Creative Services designer to
optimize visual presentation.
- Coach and develop junior team members.
About the team
The US Office of the COO supports the US firms' COO and CFO with
day-to-day operational activities and drives select
special/strategic projects and initiatives that represent top
priorities for the COO and CFO. Our team consists of practitioners
with backgrounds in strategy and operations business consulting, as
well as business project management and executive
- Bachelor's degree required. A Master's degree / MBA is a
- 5-6 years of relevant professional experience, to include
experience/familiarity with a firm's P&L, balance sheet, and
financial planning & analysis reporting.
- 2+ years of experience interpreting and conducting analyses on
business performance, with demonstrated ability to translate those
analyses into impactful reports/communications to senior level
- 2+ years of experience taking large volumes of data/information
and distilling into executive-level narratives (data visualization)
and experience with narrative development to executive
- Outstanding communication skills: Written, oral, and
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong
attention to detail.
- Executive presence and comfort interacting with senior
- Advanced proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge of
Adobe InDesign is appreciated.
- Comfort with working in a virtual environment and operating
under tight deadlines. Occasional extended hours or weekend work
may be required.
- Limited to no travel is required.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
Keywords: Deloitte, Greensboro , Financial & Strategic Storyteller - Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!